MY Report: Bruno's Legion d'Honneur

Forum de discussion général à propos de Bell & Ross

MY Report: Bruno's Legion d'Honneur

Messagepar simonc » 05 Oct 2013 08:49

Was the date this year of the annual Bell & Ross Party at The Hotel de Invalides, where it has taken place for the third year in a row.

…walking to the venue, an impressive site indeed

"Les Invalides (French pronunciation:* [lezɛ̃valid]), officially known as L'Hôtel national des Invalides (The National Residence of the Invalids), is a complex of buildings in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, France, containing museums and monuments, all relating to the military history of France, as well as a hospital and a retirement home for war veterans, the building's original purpose.
The buildings house the Musée de l'Armée, the military museum of the Army of France, the Musée des Plans-Reliefs, and the Musée d'Histoire Contemporaine, as well as the burial site for some of France's war heroes, notably Napoleon Bonaparte "

Louis XIV initiated the project by an order dated 24 November 1670, as a home and hospital for aged and unwell soldiers: the name is a shortened form of hôpital des invalides[citation needed]. The architect of Les Invalides was Libéral Bruant.
The selected site was in the then suburban plain of Grenelle (plaine de Grenelle).

By the time the enlarged project was completed in 1676, the river front measured 196 metres and the complex had fifteen courtyards, the largest being the cour d'honneur ("court of honour") for military parades. It was then felt that the veterans required a chapel. J
ules Hardouin Mansart assisted the aged Bruant, and the chapel was finished in 1679 to Bruant's designs after the elder architect's death.
The chapel is known as Église Saint-Louis des Invalides. Daily attendance was required.

Shortly after the veterans' chapel was completed, Louis XIV commissioned Mansart to construct a separate private royal chapel referred to as the Église du Dôme from its most striking feature (see gallery).
Inspired by St. Peter's Basilica in Rome, the original for all Baroque domes, it is one of the triumphs of French Baroque architecture.
Mansart raised its drum with an attic storey over its main cornice, and employed the paired columns motif in his more complicated rhythmic theme. The general programme is sculptural but tightly integrated, rich but balanced, consistently carried through, capping its vertical thrust firmly with a ribbed and hemispherical dome.
The domed chapel is centrally placed to dominate the court of honour. It was finished in 1708.

ARCHITECTURE- Now let me take you on a brief tour around this impressive site

Bruno's Honour- This year Bruno Belamich, was awarded the Legion d’Honneur, and this was presented at the amazing historic and architectural marvel that is the Musee de L’Armee at the Invalides, a venue steeped in Military history, and the final resting place of Napoleon.

Bruno was presenting this honour by General Baptiste for services of Design, and Bell & Ross, now both Carlos & Bruno have been bestowed this medal.

The Legion of Honour, or in full the National Order of the Legion of Honour (French: Ordre national de la Légion d'honneur), is a French order established by Napoleon Bonaparte on 19 May 1802.

The Order is the highest decoration in France and is divided into five degrees:

Chevalier (Knight),
Officier (Officer),
Commandeur (Commander),
Grand Officier (Grand Officer) and
Grand Croix (Grand Cross).

The order's motto is Honneur et Patrie ("Honour and Fatherland"), and its seat is the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur on the left bank of the River Seine in Paris.

General Baptiste presenting the honour to Bruno

Bruno's speech

Bruno and his medal

Venue and Architecture- Before the guests arrived I had the opportunity to see the venue, where you get the full appreciation of this building and venue.

You will agree that it certainly has some presence,

The guests arriving before Bruno's honour

Afterwards the party began, where colleagues, friends and fans met and enjoyed celebrating with Bruno & Carlos.

The newest releases were on show, including the new “Blackbird” Flyback and BRS Automatic,

but the theme this year was celebrating the 60s, with the release of the Falcon, a dedication of 50 years of Dassault, this famous French Aviation company making personal aircraft to the highest of standards.

A commemorative Vintage collection was created especially with a Limited Edition (available exclusively in Boutiques) BRV123 and BRV126 depicting the Falcon logo in red, set against steel case and brown dials, along with the public versions, the Sport Heritage, with the same case but black dials and the sand numerals synonymous with the “Heritage” line.

Amongst these watches the usual mixture of BR01, BR03 and Vintage watches were on show in the various guises, along with the PW Pocket Watch collections.

Golden Heritage

Aviation Limited Editions

Vintage WW1

WW2 Tourbillon

…of course our usual suspects were there, the #BRog, BRgangers, the French B&R Community team if you will! They were there in their force sharing that passion and friendship for the brand.

As the rain fell I found a few interesting views

PLEASE form an orderly queue!

Order is restored!
With Bruno & Carlos

I hope that you enjoyed this little post on the great evening.
Thank you as always to Bruno & Carlos, all the staff of B&R and of course the Hotel de Invalides team.
Thank you for viewing…

MERCI MES AMIS
Sorry for my lack of French! :lol:
simon
br-avo.com
@simoncudd
simonc
PW1

Message(s) : 150

Re: MY Report: Bruno's Legion d'Honneur

Messagepar yéti ariégeois » 05 Oct 2013 09:15

Great Report Simon
BR03-51
WW1 argentium
yéti ariégeois
BR minuteur tourbillon

Message(s) : 9138

Messagepar yéti ariégeois » 05 Oct 2013 09:16

Great report Simon
BR03-51
WW1 argentium
yéti ariégeois
BR minuteur tourbillon

Messagepar jef92 » 05 Oct 2013 09:17

Nice report Si (as usual). I was very honored to be with all of you for this great event
jef92
BR 03 92 Ceramique

Message(s) : 2712

Messagepar fatboy1340 » 05 Oct 2013 10:05

bravo Simon, super compte rendu as usual....the last for the road ?
C U soon...
fatboy
&&&&&&&&&&&
fatboy1340
BR 03 92

Message(s) : 2470

Messagepar NoLimits » 05 Oct 2013 10:33

Allez quelques petites photos supplémentaires :
mais avant, un grand merci aux organisateurs pour cette soirée parfaite : le lieu magique, l'accueil, l'ambiance et...retrouver les Bro's !

L'arrivée de 2 Bro. Les reconnaîtrez-vous ?

Le coffret "qui-tue". On a demandé :diable: impossible de les essayer... :pleur4:

Pocket-watch répétition minute...rhooooooooooooooo...... :ghee:

Ils sont là !!!

Un petit hors-sujet avec une visite chez Bucherer avant la soirée (le super accueil est à noter)
Zénith Pilot "Baron Rouge" (sortie spécialement des tiroirs pour nous !) Largement plus facile à porter que ce que laisse penser les photos !

Le fond grandiose :

Et le craquage du jour (hors BR) pour ma pomme : PAM 183

Bref, une excellent journée !

NoLimits
pure broger

Message(s) : 11480

Messagepar glatozen » 05 Oct 2013 11:03

Thank Si for your report !
BR01-97 Power Reserve
Instagram :@glatozen
glatozen
BR 01 93 GMT

Message(s) : 4519

Messagepar yéti ariégeois » 05 Oct 2013 11:34

NoLimits a écrit:
L'arrivée de 2 Bro. Les reconnaîtrez-vous ?

Allez je joue, Jalil et Gaétan?
BR03-51
WW1 argentium
yéti ariégeois
BR minuteur tourbillon

Messagepar NoLimits » 05 Oct 2013 11:37

yéti ariégeois a écrit:
Allez je joue, Jalil et Gaétan?

:nono:
NoLimits